9 Days and counting! IRCHA!
Saturday I managed to get out to our practice flying site. I brought 4 heli’s to fly, but only flew my Protos 500. In keeping a flight log…I “was” 3 flights away from breaking 100 accident / crash free flights. So I put in 4 flights, making the total 101 flights.
I was helping Bob get some flights in as well. And during this time we were there, we watch the slow start of a super nasty storm move in. It wasn’t long after my 4th flight that the sky started turning black, the temps falling fast, and the winds died down, then picked up. We headed back to my house to play on the sim and watch heli videos. During the video, the winds picked up to ~50 mph!
The trees in my neighborhood were bending way over, rain became horizontal. We didn’t see any lightening until after the brunt of the storm had passed through. I said to Bob, “hey, let’s go flying!”. Bob was too willing in a kidding way. The storm lasted a good 45 minutes, then rained steady for roughly an hour after.
Sunday Bob and I worked on his van, making a way to hold all of our heli’s on the shelf Bob built. We did a trial fit of the stuff we plan on bringing to IRCHA. It will all fit with some room to spare. Not sure if I will get any flying in this week, kind of want to save my heli’s for IRCHA…don’t want to break anything now!
We shall see!!!